Tuesday 7 September 2010

Tuesday 7th September Results (again)

Another lousy night's sleep... I have been throwing up for the last 24 hours.... I haven't even been able to keep a cup of tea down I have been that nervous about finally getting my results. Especially after the fiasco last Friday, when my results weren't ready.
We got to the Jasmine suite, I didn't even need to sign in, I got to reception and the receptionist smiled and said "hello Caroline, take a seat". We were only waiting for 15 minutes until a nurse called my name and took us to an examination room, we weren't in there more than a minute or two when Barbara walked in with another woman who introduced herself as a junior registrar who is covering for Ms Rogers. I noticed that Barbara didn't look very happy, but I thought maybe my results were not that good.
I couldn't believe it when the Registrar apologised and told me that my results were still not back.....
I can't believe they did it to me again!!!!!!!!!!
I just started crying.... "why did nobody tell us? the receptionist promised on Friday that if the results weren't back, she would ring us"
Dave was fuming, and to be honest, so was Barbara... She said she would go and sort it out with the receptionist.... and she made her apologise to us.
Dave demanded an explanation as to why these tests have taken 12 days so far and I have been called in twice with no results.
I know Barbara explained things to Dave but I didn't really take in what was said.... all I could think of was "how could they do this to me twice?"
"When will this waiting stop?" "how much more do I have to cope with?"
Then my mind just stopped working.... I think I just kind of shut off. Even now I still feel kind of numb.
I do know that the young registrar says she is going to ring us on Friday before my appointment.... and there is even a chance they will ring sometime during the week, if the results come in before Friday so we can go in and find out what is going on.
I will probably write a bit more tomorrow, but at the moment I think the only words to describe how I feel are stunned and a bit lost.
I just want to know what is happening!!!!!!

2 comments:

  1. I dont know if swear words are allowed on here but ************************** Hell!!
    Sooooooo sorry babes.We will go into the who should and who shouldnt at a later date.I am gearing the boys up ready to send them round if Friday doesnt show results.
    So many cyber hugs Caz.
    Rose xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Caz
    What a nightmare you are having.
    I really hope they contact you before Friday. Fair enough if the results aren't through - but it takes nothing for them to pick up the phone and let you know...Might be worth ringing your breast nurse before you go in on Friday, just to check the results are in.
    Meantime, try very hard not to get too worked up. Try a few stomping walks in the fresh air to tire yourself out physically rather than mentally - you may sleep better...easier said than done, I know.
    Shents x

    ReplyDelete