Tuesday 7 September 2010

Friday 3rd September RESULTS

Finally after all this waiting... I am going to get my final set of results.... Ever since I first found this lump it has been just tests... results.... more tests... more results... it's a never ending cycle. when I get today I out of the way I know I will be able to get on with my cure.
I haven't been able to eat properly, I just feel a sick feeling in the pit of my stomach, I know it's only nerves... I keep waking up during the night, I just feel so stressed all the time, I will be glad when I know exactly what I'm up against.
We arrived at the hospital, and i went straight to the bloods unit because I have to have a blood test to find my blood type and make sure they have some stored up ready for my operation Next wednesday.
I had my blood test and went to the Jasmine suite ready to face my future.
I signed in and then we sat there, I was hanging on to Dave's hand like my life depended on it... We sat and talked about what we would do if I lost both of my breasts.... and Dave me feel better about what was to come.... I knew that what ever the results, I wouldn't have to face it alone.
After waiting for 45 minutes, a nurse called my name and took us into an examination room.
As we sat there waiting, I kept looking at the door and then looking at Dave... I felt sort of excited... My last set of results and then we could start getting rid of this cancer.
Ms Rogers and Babara came in to the room, they both looked quite serious and I gripped Dave's hand tighter.... I was expecting bad news but I wasn't expecting what they told me!
Ms Rogers looked at us and told us that my results weren't back from the lab yet.... but it had been a week??
Dave  asked why? what was the hold up? Ms Rogers just said the lab was busy.... She told us that they should be back by next Tuesday, but unfortunately the delay in getting my results back meant my surgery would be cancelled again... She told us she was very sorry and then she left us with barbara.
Barbara made us an appointment for the following Tuesday and then we left.
When we left the hospital Dave was fuming, he said he couldn't believe that they could do that to us, Just leaving us in limbo like that.
I was just stunned, I almost felt like they had rushed to find the cancer and now they were just going to leave it to spread until they got round to sorting it out.... I know that's a stupid way to think of it, but my head wasn't really all there.
I was scared they were going to take both my breasts off and leave me with none at all..... but I was also scared they were going to leave my left breast and with it the possibility of going through this all over again.
I just wanted to know exactly what I was dealing with.... I think It's the not knowing that is doing my head in so much.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Caz

    The waiting around/the not knowing/the lack of control was definitely the worst bit. Once you know all the info, you can get your head down and tackle this awful disease. Limbo-land is an awful place to be, and I feel for you.
    I'm so glad you decided to set up a blog. Its excellent. I hope it helps you.
    Shents x

    PS - WOW! You did have long hair didn't you! But hey, WOW! Look at you now! You look great!

    ReplyDelete