Sunday 5 September 2010

Friday 13th August

Back to the Jasmine suite today for an ultrasound on my lymph nodes.
I signed in at reception and then waited to be called, I was given a gown and taken round to the little waiting area for the ultrasound.... I must of waited for 45 minutes before someone came to take me in.
The consultant told me that 2 of my lymph nodes were enlarged and he wanted to biopsy them..... fair enough.... if it needs doing, then get on with it. he took a biopsy from one of them, and then the nurse started running around getting swabs and wipes and things... the consultant asked me if I was taking anti- coagulants so I told him I wasn't..... "are you sure" he said.... of course I'm bloody sure, i think I would remember that.. lol
When he tried to biopsy the second lymph node, he told me he couldn't see it because I'd had massive bleed... the biopsy needle had gone through a blood vessel..... it took the nurse another 10 minutes to stop the bleeding and mop up all the blood.
Eventually I left with a massive dressing under my arm.... followed later that night by a massive purple bruise.
But the biopsy the consultant did manage to take was clear.... so that's really good news..... It means the cancer hasn't spread through the lymph nodes.

No comments:

Post a Comment