Friday 10 September 2010

Friday 10 September

Barbara came today... She sat down and listened to what I had decided, and she listened to my reasons for coming to the decision.. and she agreed that she thought I had made the right decision for me... She said I seemed very positive and a lot calmer now that I had made my choice.
We agreed that the surgery date is going to be Wednesday 15th September... which is next wednesday.
I have got an appointment for Tuesday to go in the Jasmine suite and have my final appointment. Have my bloods taken, sign my consent forms and get to ask any last minute questions.
She did make a point of telling me that this is a major operation I will be having, and I must make sure to take it easy when I get home... but I don't have to go to bed.
Even though I have made a definite decision to have a double mastectomy, I think I am still in a bit of shock.... I feel fine in my self, not even very scared, it still feels like it is happening to somebody else... It might sink in over the next few days or it might not.... but at least I am coping.
Now I have to make sure I have everything I need for the hospital, pyjama's, dressing gown, slippers etc.... not forgetting my nicotine patches... lol.
For the first time in a long time I actually feel hungry today.... so I am going to make a nice chicken salad for me and Micky chicken and chips for Dave and Ryan.
So I am off to the shop to get something nice for tea.... and I'm going to try and have a fun weekend, while I can. Xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment