Sunday 5 September 2010

Tuesday 10th August continued.

When we got home, we had a cup of tea... and Then Dave said, "let's go through to Grimsby tonight and tell Ryan instead of waiting til tomorrow" so I rang my mum and asked her if she would get Ryan (my son) at her house for when we got there.... She said she would invite him there for his tea.
When we got to my mum and dad's house, Ryan was already there, Dad made us all a cuppa and we sat and told Ryan that I had been diagnosed with breast cancer, we told him about the appointment I had on Friday and the only reason we never said anything to him on Friday was... all I could have told him was "I had breast cancer... maybe" I didn't know what type of cancer, what treatment I would be having or anything..... We decided to wait until it was confirmed and we knew the answer to his questions.
I think because i was sat i front of him, not looking poorly and not freaking out, he was ok with what we told him.... and I also promised that when ever I had any news, he would always be the first person we rang and told.
Ryan seemed ok with the news, so I asked my parents to keep an eye on him and we left to come home.... Ryan is 20 and has his own place in Cleethorpes, but I know he still worries.
But If I'm honest, I think we are all a bit worried.

No comments:

Post a Comment