Sunday 5 September 2010

Tuesday 24th August MRI Scan

We left early to get to Nottingham hospital in plenty of time to find the MRI unit.... We got to the hospital in plenty of time, but once there, we kept getting lost trying to find the right department.... I was just snapping Dave's head off because I was so scared.... I didn't know what to expect and I heard so many conflicting stories that by the time I got there, I was terrified.
Eventually we arrived at the MRI unit and we were only 5 minutes late, I must say that the receptionist was a right miserable cow as well, but we had only been there about 10 minutes and I was called in.... A lovely nurse sat me down and explained exactly what to expect and she even told me how long it would take... So I popped out to the waiting room and told Dave and my daughter how long it would take.... at least they could go and get a coffee or something.
I got changed into a front fastening gown and went into the MRI room, I laid face down on the table, leaning on a wedge type chest support with 2 plastic cups positioned for me to hang my breasts in.... very undignified.... lol... they also put a canula in my hand do they could put some dye in my body during one of the scans... then they shoved me inside this big tube thing in the middle of the machine.
The Scans themselves were very noisy but totally painless.... I do think there should be more information about what to expect.... all that worry for nothing.
What a picture I must have made, face down on a table with my boobs dangling in cups shoved into a great big tube.... now I know what a smartie must feel like....lol

No comments:

Post a Comment