Monday 4 October 2010

Tuesday 28th September

Today is the day I get the results from my sentinel node biopsy, and we will also find out what happens next as far as my treatment goes.
As we get to the hospital and start walking to the Jasmine suite, I tell Dave that I can cope with anything, Chemotherapy or radiotherapy, just as long as it hasn't spread.... He agree's, he said no matter what comes next, I won't be facing it alone.... and I know that he means that, whatever happens next, he will be right by my side all the way.
We get to the Jasmine suite and sit down to wait, We are waiting about 25 minutes before we get called in, the nurse takes us into an examination room and leaves us there for another 10 minutes.
The door opens and in walks Miss Rogers, Jenna and another woman who introduces herself as another breast nurse who is standing in while Barbara is on holiday..... Miss Rogers asked if I was having any problems, so I told her I had a bit of swelling... Well to be honest, it was more than a bit of swelling... it looks like I'm growing a new set of boobs! But Miss Rodgers told me that she could drain the fluid out, but she had my results.... did I want them first?
Yes please, So she told me that the Lymph nodes that they had taken out were all clear, and they got all the cancer out.... I felt sick with relief and then I started to cry, God what a girl! I cry with bad news and I cry when I get good news.... but it was a different type of crying, it was crying with relief, tears of joy... I felt like somebody had lifted a huge weight off my shoulders. I asked about whether I would have to have chemo or radiotherapy, She told me that she didn't think I would have to have radiotherapy but she didn't know if I had to have chemo or not... Jenna said she would drain the fluid from my chest, so Miss Roger said she would see me next week and she left.
Jenna said she had asked to come in while miss Rogers told me the news so she could see my face, bless her, unfortunately she is moving to Sheffield hospital next week, but she will be back in the breast care unit just in time for my 6 month check up.
Jenna drained the fluid off and I must admit, it was totally painless, but I was surprised at the amount of fluid that came out, but Jenna said it was lovely and clear, which meant no infection.
I got an appointment for next Tuesday and said goodbye to Jenna.... shame she's leaving, she is lovely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment